Benefits of Therapy
Therapy has many reported benefits, here are a few:
- To gain a better understanding of yourself in relation to others and the world.
- A space to reflect on your values and goals.
- To gain insight and change repetitive patterns of behaviour that could be having a detrimental impact on your life. Consequently, this may help you develop an understanding of how you could improve your relationships.
- A greater sense of assertiveness, self acceptance and personal growth.
- A non-judgemental, warm and empathic therapeutic relationship where you can be heard, respected and validated.
- A greater resilience when faced with worries, stresses and strains of life.
- An understanding of the triggers and traps in life that could be causing you some distress and ways of coping with this.
- To gain a greater sense of meaning.
- Help with working through and accepting unpredictable life situations such as long-term health difficulties and life transitions.
- Better able to make more informed choices.
- Realising and working towards your full potential.
- Understanding how past experiences may have shaped your present.
- Further insights into why specific difficulties may have developed and ways to cope with them.